Ph.D. Minor

Ph.D. Minor in Speech and Hearing Sciences

Students pursuing doctoral degrees in other disciplines may minor in Speech and Hearing Sciences. You must have a faculty advisor from the department. Adjunct faculty must receive approval from SLHS faculty to serve as the advisor for your minor. The advisor will approve your program of course work in the minor and will serve on your advisory committee, research committee, or both. You are required to complete at least 12 credit hours of graduate course work in our department with a grade of B or higher. A written qualifying examination is not required, but will be administered at the request of your major department. Note that courses in American Sign Language cannot be used toward the minimum of 12 credit hours of graduate courses for the minor.

Learn more in our Student Portal